With the success of last year’s inaugural LAN party, we have decided to keep it going and have it return this year, with more games, and more opportunities. Expect some hard competition and friendly fun all the same, as we change our focus to Esports. Details to come in the coming months, but here are a list of some of the games we will have for you to enter.
|Hearthstone Fireside Gathering
Going from strength to strength, Blizzard’s card game will return to BroCon this year with a whole new host of events fit for any fireside gathering. In fact, that is exactly what will be happening. This year’s hearthstone event at BroCon will be an official Blizzard sanctioned Fireside Gathering, meaning a host of official prize support and a chance to qualify for the world championships.
The event will use the new Conquest format, the detail of which can be downloaded in PDF form here. The rough breakdown however can be seen below:
– All matches will be best-of-5. The first player to win 3 games within the match is considered the winner of the match and advances.
– Each player must submit decklists from three unique classes prior to each stage of the event. Players may submit new decks prior to each stage of the event.
– A player must win one game with each of his three decks to win the match.
– When a player wins a game, the deck used by the winning player cannot be used for the remainder of the match.
– The losing player can keep the same deck used or switch to a different one of their choice.
– Players will be told what classes their opponent has available, but they won’t know which class is picked until both players have picked.
Matches after the first will be paired by swiss. Timetable will follow soon.
|League of Legends
The most popular esports on the planet is going to be run at brocon and you can join anytime! All you need is your own lap top and 4 friends.
At BroCon you can compete with other people and show off your skill , and if you happen to come out on top you will be awarded with nifty prizes.
The matches are run on whiners rift 5v5 tournament draft format and it is an elimination. The winner gets the prize! So please come and test yourself at our event!
|Tean Fortress 2
Come and join the fun!
We are running quite a bit more serious games than last year, so here’s a chance to kick back and relax with some slapstick team based combat. We’ll be running a rotation of the classic TF2 maps, along with such fan favorites as Mario Kart and prop hunt.
It’s going to be a free for all, so don your best hat and leave your maturity at the door; it’s going to be messy!
|Counter Strike: Global Offensive
CS: GO will be having a go this year at BroCon, for a change of pace to the normal way of things. Look, it’s CounterStrike, you know this one. Kill the good/bad guys, plant/defuse the bomb, 720noscopeblazeit, win the game.
We’ll be running the traditional tournament format of 5v5:
– Best of 30 rounds, 15 rounds a side with knife round choosing.
Beyond that we’ll be using the match structure and ruleset of the AHGL for reasons of laziness, and they kinda know what they’re doing.